Baba Au Rhum
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These rum soaked mini cakes have a rich history that takes them all the way to France! Our easy Baba Au Rhum recipe takes a few shortcuts to make you a star "from scratch" baker, without the hard work!
What You'll Need
- 1 (18-1/2-ounce) package yellow cake mix, batter prepared according to the package directions
- 1 (4-serving) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light rum
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 12 maraschino cherries
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Bake batter, without paper liners, according to package directions for 2 dozen cupcakes; let cool. (See note below.)
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk pudding mix and milk 1 to 2 minutes, or until thickened. Cover pudding; chill.
- In a small bowl, combine water, sugar, and rum, stirring until sugar is dissolved; set aside.
- When cupcakes are completely cooled, place 12 in a 9" x 13" baking dish. Slowly pour rum mixture over the tops, allowing liquid to soak into cupcakes. Cover and chill 1 to 2 hours. Remove cupcakes from rum mixture and place upside down on a serving platter.
- Using a knife, make 2 cuts halfway through each cupcake, forming an "X." Spoon pudding evenly over cuts in each cupcake, opening up cupcakes a bit. Top each with a dollop of whipped topping and a cherry. Serve, or cover and chill until ready to serve.
Since the batter makes 24 cupcakes, and you'll only need 12 for 1 batch of this recipe, you can freeze the remaining 12 cupcakes for your next batch of Baba Au Rhum.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 389
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 13g 20 %
- Saturated Fat 3.9g 19 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 4.5g 9 %
- Cholesterol 68mg 23 %
- Sodium 341mg 14 %
- Total Carbohydrates 58g 19 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.2g 1 %
- Sugars 42g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone knows that pork and apples makes for a winning combo, which is why we love this down-home recipe for Pork Chops Applesauce. This dinner recipe is perfect for your bunch at home, 'cause every bite is sure to deliver lots of classic flavor. (Plus, our homemade applesauce is so easy and so tasty!)