Baba Au Rhum
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These rum soaked mini cakes have a rich history that takes them all the way to France! Our easy Baba Au Rhum recipe takes a few shortcuts to make you a star "from scratch" baker, without the hard work!
What You'll Need
- 1 (18-1/2-ounce) package yellow cake mix, batter prepared according to the package directions
- 1 (4-serving) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light rum
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 12 maraschino cherries
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Bake batter, without paper liners, according to package directions for 2 dozen cupcakes; let cool. (See note below.)
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk pudding mix and milk 1 to 2 minutes, or until thickened. Cover pudding; chill.
- In a small bowl, combine water, sugar, and rum, stirring until sugar is dissolved; set aside.
- When cupcakes are completely cooled, place 12 in a 9" x 13" baking dish. Slowly pour rum mixture over the tops, allowing liquid to soak into cupcakes. Cover and chill 1 to 2 hours. Remove cupcakes from rum mixture and place upside down on a serving platter.
- Using a knife, make 2 cuts halfway through each cupcake, forming an "X." Spoon pudding evenly over cuts in each cupcake, opening up cupcakes a bit. Top each with a dollop of whipped topping and a cherry. Serve, or cover and chill until ready to serve.
Since the batter makes 24 cupcakes, and you'll only need 12 for 1 batch of this recipe, you can freeze the remaining 12 cupcakes for your next batch of Baba Au Rhum.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 389
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 13g 20 %
- Saturated Fat 3.9g 19 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 4.5g 9 %
- Cholesterol 68mg 23 %
- Sodium 341mg 14 %
- Total Carbohydrates 58g 19 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.2g 1 %
- Sugars 42g 0 %