Creamy Cucumber Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This refreshing Creamy Cucumber Salad earns big points as a healthy side dish option. We use yogurt instead of mayonnaise to make a creamy dressing that's better for you. We love bringing this creamy cucumber salad recipe along to potlucks, because it's a nice change from your typical coleslaw and potato salad.
What You'll Need
- 3 large cucumbers
- 1 small onion, grated (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried mint leaves (see Option)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Peel cucumbers and slice in half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds and coarsely chop cucumbers; place in a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients to cucumbers; mix well. Serve immediately, or cover and chill until ready to use.
- When fresh mint is available, go ahead and use it. Coarsely chop 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves and use it in place of dried mint.
- You can use Greek yogurt in place of normal yogurt, if you'd like.
- Other refreshing cucumber salads you're sure to like are our Marinated Cucumber Salad and Every Mama's Favorite Cucumber Salad.
If you enjoyed this creamy cucumber salad recipe, be sure to check out our free eCookbook, Simply Deli Salads: 28 Best Recipes for Potato Salad, Macaroni Salad & More.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You'll be the star of the next get together when you bring this easy chili recipe along. You see, the combination of ground beef and Italian sausage makes for a hearty recipe that no one can resist. When they ask you what it's called just say, "That's My Tailgating Chili!" with a smile.