Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
White cream cheese frosting is fabulous over chocolate cake. So, with this frosting on a white cake, we get to turn the tables...and it's as good a team as ever!
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 cups (1/2 pound) confectioners' sugar
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, beat the butter and cream cheese until creamy. Add the vanilla and cocoa and continue beating until thoroughly mixed. Add the confectioners' sugar gradually, continuing to mix until well blended.
Makes about 3 cups.
For plain Cream Cheese Frosting, just delete the cocoa and add an additional 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar. Since this cream cheese frosting isn't as sweet as other frostings, I like to use this to generously frost an 8- or 9-inch layer cake or a 9" x 13" sheet cake.
- Want even more frosting recipes? Check out our collection of Homemade Frosting Recipes: 14 Frosting Recipes for Cakes, Cupcakes, and More.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The creamy chicken filling isn't the only thing that "bubbles up" in this Easy Chicken Bubble Bake. When you set it to bake with the biscuits on top, you'll find that the whole casserole "rises" to the occasion. What's the occasion? A fantastic evening dinner!