Chocolate-Drenched Pound Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Chocolate-Drenched Pound Cake is buttery, sweet, and drowned in the most delectable chocolate we could find. Whip this one up for a dessert that keeps you coming back for more!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Coat a 10-inch Bundt pan with cooking spray and dust with flour.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter; gradually add sugar, beating with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Gradually add flour alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour and mixing well after each addition. Mix in vanilla extract. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hour and 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 to 15 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the ganache, place chocolate chips in a medium bowl. In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring heavy cream to a boil, stirring constantly. Pour over chocolate chips and stir until mixture is smooth. Let cool 15 to 20 minutes, or until ganache begins to thicken slightly. Drizzle over cake and refrigerate until ganache is set.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When you get a craving for fresh baked cookies, you have to do what you have to do. Luckily, here in the Test Kitchen, we can make cookies any time we want. Our go-to are these Oatmeal Cranberry cookies. Can you blame us? These sweet oats and tart cranberries are always a treat when washed down with ice cold milk. We wish you could smell the scent of cinnamon in the Test Kitchen, but making them in your home is just as tasty.