Cocoa-Nut Upside-Down Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Your guests or your gang will go simply "nuts" over our Test Kitchen's decadently easy recipe for Cocoa-Nut Upside-Down Cake. This easy sheet cake boasting a sweet and crunchy topping will make you feel like a star baker!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 (16.5-ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan, heat water and butter until butter is melted. Stir in brown sugar, mix well. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish and sprinkle with coconut, chocolate chips, pecans and marshmallows.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions and slowly pour over marshmallows. Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes then invert cake onto a serving platter. Finish cooling cake.
Serve with vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped topping.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 508
- Calories from Fat 204
- Total Fat 23g 35 %
- Saturated Fat 11g 53 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 3.1g 6 %
- Cholesterol 10mg 3 %
- Sodium 401mg 17 %
- Total Carbohydrates 78g 26 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.2g 5 %
- Sugars 53g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Whether you're a dunker or a dipper, our Parmesan Onion Board is the perfect addition to your best soup recipes! It's got the bold flavors of onion, poppy seeds, and Parmesan cheese, and let's face it, that goes with just about anything!