Cranberry Upside Down Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Whether you serve your Cranberry Upside Down Cake as a rise-and-shine breakfast or a dessert, it's sure to bring you raves. With its wholesome ingredients like cranberries, pecans and canola oil, you can't miss!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup canola margarine
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray and line with wax paper.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar and margarine. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Pour brown sugar mixture into baking dish; sprinkle with cranberries and pecans.
- In a large bowl, combine oil and granulated sugar, and beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time then stir in vanilla. Beat in flour mixture alternately with sour cream. Pour batter over cranberry nut mixture and bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let sit 5 minutes. Invert cake onto a large serving platter, and slowly remove wax paper. Let cake cool before serving.
Recipe courtesy of "Canola Gourmet Cookbook"
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 307
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 16g 24 %
- Saturated Fat 4.4g 22 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 3.8g 8 %
- Cholesterol 49mg 16 %
- Sodium 259mg 11 %
- Total Carbohydrates 39g 13 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.3g 5 %
- Sugars 26g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These are a real Southern specialty; if you've never had the chance to try them, you'd better get ready to eat more than one! These Tangy Pickled Eggs are an old-fashioned Southern recipe that is now easy to make at home! Just a few easy steps and simple ingredients and you'll be making Tangy Pickled Eggs in no time!