French Coffee Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you like to start your mornings on a sweet note, then you're going to love this coffee cake recipe! Our French Coffee Cake is packed with yummies like chocolate chips, walnuts, and cinnamon. Plus, this coffee cake recipe calls for sour cream, so you know it's going to be extra-moist and tasty!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons, plus 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease and flour a 9-inch round pan with removable bottom.
- Combine the light brown sugar, 2 tablespoon flour, walnuts, chocolate chips and cinnamon to make the filling/topping, mix well, and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the remaining 2 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, cream the butter and granulated sugar, then beat in the eggs. Beat in the sour cream and vanilla until creamy. Beat in the dry ingredients.
- Pour half the batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle half the filling/topping mixture over it. Pour in the remaining cake mixture, and top with remaining filling/topping mixture.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes on a wire rack. Remove from pan and place on a serving plate.
If you prefer, you can replace the chocolate chips with 8 ounces of chopped figs or 1/2 cup of your favorite preserves.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Calories 496
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26g 40 %
- Saturated Fat 15g 75 %
- Trans Fat 0.4g 0 %
- Protein 11g 21 %
- Cholesterol 78mg 26 %
- Sodium 446mg 19 %
- Total Carbohydrates 63g 21 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.8g 11 %
- Sugars 41g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone wants to feel a little special during the holiday. An easy--and tasty--way to do that is to shake up Christmas dinner with our Lemon-Rosemary Roasted Cornish Hens! Once you roast up these tender hens, you can serve everyone their own perfectly-sized main dish! It'll be the juiciest and most flavorful Christmas dinner the family has ever had.