Lemon Pound Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Traditional pound cake lovers will love this delicious variation on their old-time favorite. Our Lemon Pound Cake is loaded with citrusy flavor, making it a cake that's full of goodness!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt, or any flavor you prefer
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Zest of one lemon
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch tube pan that has been coated with cooking spray
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla and continue beating until smooth. Gradually add flour and yogurt until well mixed. With a spoon, stir in lemon juice and zest.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Sometimes we like to use low-fat raspberry yogurt in place of the vanilla. It gives it a nice look and flavor twist.
- If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out our free eBook, Classic Cakes: 24 Easy Cake Recipes to Enjoy Year-Round!
If you loved this lemon dessert, be sure to check out our collection of Lovely Lemon Dessert Recipes: 18 Easy Lemon Recipes.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 420
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17g 26 %
- Saturated Fat 10g 52 %
- Trans Fat 0.6g 0 %
- Protein 6.1g 12 %
- Cholesterol 88mg 29 %
- Sodium 168mg 7 %
- Total Carbohydrates 62g 21 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.6g 6 %
- Sugars 37g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Whether you've got friends coming over to watch a game, or you're just looking for an easy lunch or snack, these Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas are a real winner. Buffalo chicken makes for a tasty addition inside these cheesy quesadillas, and the celery adds a nice a crunch!