Lemon Poppy Seed Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This cake is just another reason why we love lemon! This Lemon Poppy Seed Cake is everything we look for in a great cake recipe- easy and D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!
What You'll Need:
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed and undiluted
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine egg and next 4 ingredients; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Spoon batter into a greased and floured 8-inch-square pan.
- Bake 23 to 25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes.
- Combine lemonade concentrate and powdered sugar. Spoon over warm cake.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We had a little fun in the Test Kitchen and turned your favorite banana bread upside-down! Our Upside-Down Banana Bread is great as-is or served with some vanilla ice cream. Just be warned, no matter how you decide to eat it, it'll be hard to stop at just one piece!