Lemon Poppy Seed Pound Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This pound cake will certainly brighten up your day! From the fresh aroma of it baking to the first forkful of lemony bliss, our Lemon Poppy Seed Pound Cake is a real delight. This pound cake is summer-perfect and ready to be brought along to all of your picnics and potlucks!
What You'll Need
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for dusting
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Confectioners' sugar for sprinkling
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 12-cup Bundt pan with cooking spray and lightly dust with flour.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat butter and granulated sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and lemon extract and mix until creamy.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt; mix well. Gradually beat flour mixture into lemon mixture, alternating it with milk, until batter is smooth. Stir in poppy seeds and lemon zest. Pour batter into pan.
- Bake 65 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean. Let cool 20 minutes, then invert onto a wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
To enjoy another burst of lemony goodness, ya gotta try our Citrus Bars!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's an all-in-one skillet meal that your family is sure to love! Our All-in-One Sausage Dinner is made with your favorite Italian sausage, along with some veggies, and yummy egg noodles. Everything cooks together in a homemade sour cream sauce for extra-goodness. And it only takes about 30 minutes!