Peach Upside-Down Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Move over pineapple, there's a new upside-down cake in town! You're gonna love this twist on the classic cake, featuring summer-fresh peaches.
What You'll Need
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 4 peaches, unpeeled and cut into 1/3-inch-thick wedges
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over bottom of a 9-inch round cake pan. Pour melted butter evenly over sugar.
- Toss peaches in lemon juice. Arrange slices in a single layer over brown sugar.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and granulated sugar. Beat in softened butter and eggs until smooth. Stir in sour cream and vanilla until well blended. Pour batter over peaches.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cake stand 5 minutes. Loosen gently with a knife and invert onto platter. Serve warm or cool completely before serving.
Find even more of our favorite southern treats in our collection of Top 10 Traditional Southern Desserts.
- We've got more peach dessert favorites you'll love in our collection of Can't-Miss Peach Recipes: 20 Easy Recipes with Peaches.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 398
- Calories from Fat 196
- Total Fat 22g 33 %
- Saturated Fat 13g 66 %
- Trans Fat 0.7g 0 %
- Protein 4.3g 9 %
- Cholesterol 102mg 34 %
- Sodium 262mg 11 %
- Total Carbohydrates 48g 16 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.2g 5 %
- Sugars 36g 0 %