Elvis' Coconut Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 1 Slice
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
Are you ready to shake, rattle, and roll with Elvis' Coconut Cake? Good, because the flavor is here and larger than life! This coconut cake recipe is just like Elvis' mama used to make; that means those classic Graceland flavors and a mother's tender love, were all shook up into one delicious coconut cake. This dessert is everything you need to eat like The King!
What You'll Need
- COCONUT CAKE
- 1 package white cake mix
- 1 cup coconut milk (not cream of coconut)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- BUTTERY CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16 ounces confectioners' sugar
- 1 (7-ounce) bag shredded sweetened coconut
What to Do
- Preheat oven for 350 degrees F. Coat bottoms of 2 (8-inch) cake pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat cake mix, coconut milk, oil, and eggs until thoroughly combined. Pour batter evenly into cake pans.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes in the pans, then invert onto wire racks to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until creamy. Gradually add confectioners' sugar and mix until light and fluffy. (If you add the sugar too quickly, you'll make a huge mess. Trust us on that one!)
- Place one of the cakes upside down on a serving platter (so the flat side is up) and evenly cover the top with frosting. Place second cake over first (this time, dome side up) and frost the top and sides with remaining frosting. Generously sprinkle coconut over entire cake, patting it gently to secure. Serve immediately, or cover loosely and chill until ready to serve.
Test Kitchen Tips!
- If you've never frosted a cake before and think you'll need a little help, don't worry! Howard breaks everything down in his easy to follow How To: Frost a Cake tutorial right here! He's even taught us How To: Crack a Coconut, if you're feeling a little adventurous.
- Looking for more Elvis inspired desserts? Be sure to try our Elvis' Banana Fritters, or our popular The King's Cake! And don't miss out on Elvis's Favorite Snack. These snacks are at the top of the flavor charts!
- Having the amazing Terry Buchwald in the Test Kitchen was an honor. Find out more about this talented Elvis tribute artist, including his upcoming appearances, by checking out his website and Facebook!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
If you loved this Elvis inspired coconut cake recipe, then you're going to adore this eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Calories 3,388
- Calories from Fat 347
- Total Fat 39g 59 %
- Saturated Fat 16g 80 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 6.1g 12 %
- Cholesterol 84mg 28 %
- Sodium 511mg 21 %
- Total Carbohydrates 774g 258 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.4g 5 %
- Sugars 747g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're a lover of crispy-crunchy snacks, then you're really going to enjoy this recipe for Crispy Green Bean Fries. Lightly-breaded green beans are baked until they're perfectly crispy, so you can enjoy healthier and yummier snacking.