We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Don't let the name Mint Julep fool ya'. It kind of sounds like a big mint milkshake, but it's far from that - it's bourbon with a touch of sugar and plenty of fresh mint. This refreshing drink is popular at the Kentucky Derby and throughout most of the South and boy, it really packs a punch!
What You'll Need:
- 10 fresh mint leaves, plus 1 whole sprig for garnish
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup bourbon
What To Do:
- In a cocktail shaker or large glass, combine the 10 mint leaves and the confectioners' sugar.
- Using the back of a spoon, crush the mint for 1 to 2 minutes, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the bourbon and stir until well blended.
- Pour into a 6-ounce glass filled with ice and garnish with a sprig of mint. Serve immediately.
For more than 1 serving, just multiply the quantity of ingredients times the number of servings you need and prepare the recipe in a large pitcher. This drink is absolutely for adults only. And all of us adults need to remember this: Never drink and drive!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.