We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Don't let the name Mint Julep fool ya'. Although it might sound like some kind of refreshing spin on iced tea or lemonade, it's far from that. Rather, this adult only sipper starts off with a generous amount of bourbon and is accented with a touch of sugar and plenty of fresh mint. This minty-fresh drink is popular at the Kentucky Derby® and throughout most of the South and boy, it really packs a punch!
What You'll Need
- 5 fresh mint leaves, plus 1 whole sprig for garnish
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup bourbon
What to Do
- In a cocktail shaker or large glass, combine the 5 mint leaves and the confectioners' sugar. Using the back of a spoon or a muddler, crush the mint for 1 to 2 minutes or until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the bourbon and stir (or shake) until well blended.
- Serve over ice and garnish with a sprig of mint. Serve immediately.
Test Kitchen Tips
- For more than 1 serving, just multiply the quantity of ingredients times the number of servings you need and prepare the recipe in a large pitcher. This drink is for adults only.
- Cocktails can be a fun way to spice up any party! That's why we've got a few cocktail recipes to get things rolling. Try our Marvelous Frozen Margaritas, or our fantastic Party Sangria! For our most classic cocktails, be sure to check out our Ultimate Strawberry Margaritas, or our delicious Mojito.
- A Mint Julep cocktail is commonly served at all the best Kentucky Derby® parties! But what else is on the menu? We've got the answers! Check out our collection of Kentucky Derby Recipes, and don't miss our perfect Kentucky Derby Bars!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Looking for that farm-to-table taste during dinnertime? Well with our homemade tomato sauce, you'll get just that. Our Blender Tomato Sauce is as easy as blend, simmer, and enjoy! With fresh ingredients, and nothing but organic spices, this tomato sauce recipe will please everyone's Italian grandma!