Raspberry Potato Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We can bet that no one would ever guess this heavenly cake is made with Idaho potatoes -- because we sure didn't! Surprise your gang with a unique treat that they'll fall in love with.
What You'll Need:
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 medium Idaho potatoes, boiled and mashed (about 1 cup)
- 3/4 cup raspberry preserves, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Butter and flour a 9-inch springform pan.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs one at a time; mix well. Add mashed potatoes, 1/2 cup preserves, flour, baking powder, and salt; mix until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until cake is golden brown and a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove sides of pan and cool completely. Serve topped with remaining preserves.
- If you really want to make this look fancy, garnish with fresh raspberries before serving.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Don't be surprised if your next-door neighbors come knocking on the door after getting a whiff of your Slow Cooker Country Pot Roast. The smell of this tender beef roast cooking up in your slow cooker all day is enough to get everyone rushing to your dinner table!
- Peach Melba Dump Cake
- Ugly Cake
- Mary Todd Lincoln's Presidential Cake
- Black Forest "Quickie"
- Fruit Filled Coffee Cake
- Homemade Frosting Recipes: 18 Frosting Recipes for Cakes, Cupcakes, and More
- Apple Cinnamon Dump Cake
- Blueberries 'n' Cream Cake
- Neighborhood Blueberry Coffee Cake
- Country Lemon Coffee Cake