Shortcut Carrot Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
Say hello to dessert heaven because that's where you'll be when you take your first bite (and every subsequent bite) of this Shortcut Carrot Cake recipe. Easy and delicious, it's a win-win for your time and your tummy.
What You'll Need
- 1 (26.5-ounce) package cinnamon streusel coffee cake mix, streusel and glaze packets reserved
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large carrots, peeled and finely grated
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans, toasted, divided
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 (16-ounce) containers cream cheese frosting
What to Do
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 3 (8-inch) round cakepans with cooking spray. Line with parchment paper or wax paper.
In a large bowl, combine cake mix and streusel packet. Add eggs, water, and oil; beat at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes. Stir in carrots, 1/2 cup pecans, and coconut. Pour batter evenly into prepared pans.
Bake 20 to 22 minutes. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Invert pans onto racks; remove pans and paper. Stir together reserved glaze packet and orange juice; brush over warm cake layers. Cool completely.
Spread frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake. Sprinkle sides of cake with remaining 1 cup pecans. Chill at least 2 hours.
If you want to make a great homemade frosting, try our recipe for Cream Cheese Frosting. It's perfect on this cake!
- If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out our free eBook, Classic Cakes: 24 Easy Cake Recipes to Enjoy Year-Round!