Marinated Steak Nachos
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 30 Min
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
- READY IN
- 55 Min
Marinated Steak Nachos have all the grilled, meaty taste of Mexican take-out. Create this taste sensation in your own home with no fuss!
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (1-1/2-pound) beef flank steak
- 1 (14-ounce) package tortilla chips
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby Jack cheese blend (see Options)
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
What To Do:
- In a 9- x 13-inch baking dish, combine lemon juice, garlic, oregano, cumin, salt, and pepper. Add flank steak, turning to coat completely. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Preheat broiler. Place steak on a rimmed baking sheet; discard excess marinade.
- Broil 8 to 9 minutes per side for medium, or until desired doneness beyond that. Allow to cool 10 minutes.
- Place steak on a cutting board and cut across the grain into thin slices, then cut into 1-inch pieces. Spread tortilla chips over two large rimmed baking sheets or oven-proof platter then top evenly with sliced steak and sprinkle with cheese. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake 5 to 6 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
- Remove nachos from oven and slide onto a large platter; sprinkle with tomatoes and scallions. Serve immediately.
- Use more or less cheese, or even a different kind, and sprinkle your finished nachos with chopped green chilies or jalapeño peppers, olives, salsa, sour cream, or other toppings.
- This is more of a Mexican-style nachos recipe. For a different take on nachos, try our Italian-Style Nachos!
- To find even more great-tasting diabetic-friendly recipes, as well as the complete nutritional information for this recipe, click HERE!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.