Portobello "Steak" Sandwich
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This jumbo-sized vegetarian's dream Portobello "Steak" Sandwich starts with the hearty "beefed up" taste and texture of popular Portobello mushrooms. Whether you serve it on a weeknight, or for a special-occasion, they'll love this flavorful sandwich!
What You'll Need
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter
- 3 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1/4 pounds Portobello mushrooms, stems on, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices (5 to 6 mushrooms)
- 1/4 cup bottled steak sauce
- 1 loaf French bread, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced provolone cheese
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Saute onions 8 to 10 minutes, or until they begin to turn golden. Remove to a bowl.
- Add mushrooms to skillet, reduce heat to medium, and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until softened, turning once. Return onions to skillet, add steak sauce, and stir.
- Preheat oven to broil. Divide mushroom mixture evenly over bread halves, top with cheese, and place on baking sheet.
- Broil 4 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and top is golden. Use a serrated knife to cut diagonally into 6 equal servings and serve immediately.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You'll be the star of the next get together when you bring this easy chili recipe along. You see, the combination of ground beef and Italian sausage makes for a hearty recipe that no one can resist. When they ask you what it's called just say, "That's My Tailgating Chili!" with a smile.