Portobello "Steak" Sandwich
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This jumbo-sized vegetarian's dream Portobello "Steak" Sandwich starts with the hearty "beefed up" taste and texture of popular Portobello mushrooms. Whether you serve it on a weeknight, or for a special-occasion, they'll love this flavorful sandwich!
What You'll Need
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter
- 3 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1/4 pounds Portobello mushrooms, stems on, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices (5 to 6 mushrooms)
- 1/4 cup bottled steak sauce
- 1 loaf French bread, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced provolone cheese
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Saute onions 8 to 10 minutes, or until they begin to turn golden. Remove to a bowl.
- Add mushrooms to skillet, reduce heat to medium, and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until softened, turning once. Return onions to skillet, add steak sauce, and stir.
- Preheat oven to broil. Divide mushroom mixture evenly over bread halves, top with cheese, and place on baking sheet.
- Broil 4 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and top is golden. Use a serrated knife to cut diagonally into 6 equal servings and serve immediately.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Hosting a last-minute dinner party, or just looking for a way to fancy up a quick weeknight dinner? Well then, our Really Easy Pork Scaloppine is just the ticket. This dish looks fancy schmancy, but it only takes 10 minutes to make!