Portobello "Steak" Sandwich
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This jumbo-sized vegetarian's dream Portobello "Steak" Sandwich starts with the hearty "beefed up" taste and texture of popular Portobello mushrooms. Whether you serve it on a weeknight, or for a special-occasion, they'll love this flavorful sandwich!
What You'll Need
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter
- 3 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1/4 pounds Portobello mushrooms, stems on, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices (5 to 6 mushrooms)
- 1/4 cup bottled steak sauce
- 1 loaf French bread, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced provolone cheese
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Saute onions 8 to 10 minutes, or until they begin to turn golden. Remove to a bowl.
- Add mushrooms to skillet, reduce heat to medium, and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until softened, turning once. Return onions to skillet, add steak sauce, and stir.
- Preheat oven to broil. Divide mushroom mixture evenly over bread halves, top with cheese, and place on baking sheet.
- Broil 4 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and top is golden. Use a serrated knife to cut diagonally into 6 equal servings and serve immediately.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Add a little spookiness to your Halloween party fare with our recipe for Cookie Eyeballs. These cookie balls are so easy and fun to make, you'll want the kids and grand kids to help. Once they're done, everyone will enjoy these ghostly, "eye popping" treats!