We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 4 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
Did you know Tiramisu means "pick me up" in Italian? Makes sense considering the delicious coffee flavor that comes through in each bite of this cake. Everyone'll be begging you for this recipe!
What You'll Need
- 1 (18.5-ounce) package yellow cake mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 1/2 cup strong black coffee
- 1/2 cup coffee-flavored liqueur
- 1 (8-ounce) container mascarpone cheese (see Tip)
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (3-ounce) package ladyfingers, split
- 1/4 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa
What to Do
Bake cake batter according to package directions for two 9-inch round cakes; let cool.
In a small bowl, combine coffee and liqueur; set aside.
In a medium bowl, beat mascarpone cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth.
Place one cake layer upside down on a serving platter and prick top several times with a fork. Pour half of coffee mixture slowly over top, allowing it to absorb into cake. Spread cheese mixture evenly over layer, then place second cake layer right side up over cheese mixture. Prick top of second cake layer several times with a fork and pour remaining coffee mixture over top. Frost side and top of cake with whipped topping. Place split ladyfingers around side of cake, with flat sides pressing into frosting, then sprinkle top with cocoa.
- Cover loosely and chill at least 4 hours before serving.
- Mascarpone cheese is a soft, sweet Italian cheese, similar in consistency to soft cream cheese. It's commonly used in dips and in sweet dishes like tiramisu and can generally be found in the cheese section of your supermarket.
- Tiramisu is a huge favorite in our Test Kitchen! If you love it as much as we do, you'll also want to try our Tiramisu Pancakes and Tiramisu Trifle!
- Love this Tiramisu Cake recipe? Then you'll wanna check out our collection of 8 Easy Italian Dessert Recipes!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These from-scratch pumpkin pancakes are the perfect way to start off your weekend! Our recipe uses pumpkin pie filling to bring the comforting feeling of fall right to your kitchen. Make sure to top them with a bit of butter and a lot of syrup for a pumpkin taste straight from heaven! Whether you're making it for the grown-ups, the kids, or both, everyone will love our cozy Pumpkin Patch Pancakes.