Tomato Soup-Spice Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 15 Min
- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
- READY IN
- 50 Min
Tomato soup in a cake? Yes, you read that right! And believe us; it's absolutely delicious. Grab that extra can of tomato soup you have in your pantry and get ready for a cake recipe that'll blow you away. Top it off with your favorite kind of frosting (we prefer cream cheese frosting), and watch as your family and friends beg you for the recipe.
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 can (10¾ ounces) Campbell's condensed Tomato Soup
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, allspice, baking soda, cinnamon, and cloves. Add the remaining ingredients and beat with an electric beater on low speed until well mixed, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Increase the speed to high and beat for 4 more minutes.
- Pour the batter into a 9- x 13-inch baking pan that has been coated with baking spray and lightly floured. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack.
Frost with cream cheese frosting if desired.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Fire up the grill! This is one of our juiciest grilled pork chop recipes ever. What makes these Honey Mustard Grilled Pork Chops so good is the sweet 'n' tangy glaze that caramelizes as it cooks. You'll be smackin' your lips with each bite!