We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When a Mr. Food viewer shared this unusual recipe for Un-Beet-Able Cake, we thought it was a mistake that there were beets in it. But our test kitchen gave it a try, and we're so glad they did, 'cause it's, well, un-beet-ably moist and tasty!
What You'll Need
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15-ounce) can beets, drained and chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
What to Do
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
In a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat all ingredients except walnuts until well combined. Stir in walnuts, then pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan on a wire rack. Serve, or cover until ready to serve.
Frost with your favorite cream cheese frosting.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You'll impress everyone at the dinner table with this recipe for Grape Stompin' Chicken. The light cream sauce that goes over the chicken breasts is delicious, especially since it's accented with the flavors of fresh grapes and a splash of wine.