White Chocolate Mousse Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 9 Hr 20 Min
- COOK TIME
- 5 Min
Our White Chocolate Mousse Cake is simply irresistible. Trust us, we know from experience. You can give this cake a festive touch for the holidays but you certainly don't need a special occasion to make this heavenly dessert!
What You'll Need
- 1 (11-ounce) package vanilla wafer cookies, finely crushed
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 eggs
- 2 (11-ounce) packages white chocolate chips
- 2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 (10-ounce) jar red maraschino cherries, drained and quartered
- 1 (6-ounce) jar green maraschino cherries, drained and quartered
- 16 stemmed red maraschino cherries, well drained
What to Do
In a medium bowl, combine crushed vanilla wafers and butter; mix well. Press into a 10-inch springform pan, covering bottom and sides to form a crust; chill.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine egg yolks and whole eggs; beat well and set aside.
In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, melt white chocolate chips 3 to 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Add egg mixture and quickly whisk until well blended. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat heavy cream until soft peaks form. Add confectioners' sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Fold into slightly cooled white chocolate mixture until well blended. Stir in chopped red and green cherries and spoon into prepared crust. Place stemmed cherries around edge of cake.
Cover and freeze overnight, or until firm.
We know what you're thinking about the eggs. Don't worry, combining them with the hot, melted white chocolate will make the eggs safe to eat.
The texture of this cake will be soft.
- For more holiday dessert recipes, get our free holiday e-cookbook just in time for Christmas!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You'll impress everyone at the dinner table with this recipe for Grape Stompin' Chicken. The light cream sauce that goes over the chicken breasts is delicious, especially since it's accented with the flavors of fresh grapes and a splash of wine.