Zesty Lime Poke Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
Everyone will be green with envy when you serve our Zesty Lime Poke Cake. The trick to filling this popular style of cake is to use a handy wooden spoon, then get ready for the tasty raves!
What You'll Need
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 limes, zested, divided
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 8 drops yellow food color
- 3 drops green food color
- 1 (12-ounce) container whipped vanilla frosting
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil, eggs, and half of lime zest, until well mixed. Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together condensed milk, whipping cream, lime juice, and yellow and green food colors, until well mixed.
- Using the handle of a wooden spoon, poke holes in cake every 1/2 inch. Pour lime filling slowly over top of cake, allowing holes to fill. Spread back and forth with spatula, if necessary. (Some may stay on top of cake.) Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Mix remaining lime zest with vanilla frosting and frost top of chilled cake. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
For a beautiful presentation, top this off with some fresh lime slices and raspberries.
- Want even more of the best potluck recipes? Check out our free eCookbook, Must-Have Potluck Recipes: 37 Recipes for Parties, Potlucks, Dinners, and More.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 395
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17g 27 %
- Saturated Fat 5.9g 29 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 6.4g 13 %
- Cholesterol 71mg 24 %
- Sodium 355mg 15 %
- Total Carbohydrates 54g 18 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.4g 2 %
- Sugars 43g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Imagine the taste of your favorite apple pie, combined with the taste of your favorite apple cobbler, served on a homemade shortbread crust. That's exactly what these Apple Cobbler Shortbread Squares taste like! This is a great apple dessert bar to make in the fall or anytime you get a craving for something apple-icious!