Gimme a Break Bars
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 22 candy bars
- 10 Min
- CHILL TIME
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 2 Min
With all the running around we do, it's nice to take a break with something sweet from time to time, which is why we came up with this recipe for "Gimme a Break Bars." Once you try our version of this copycat candy recipe, you might never go back to the store-bought kind again.
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 (14-ounce) package vanilla wafer cookies, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 (10-ounce) package dark chocolate melting wafers
- 1/2 (10-ounce) package white chocolate melting wafers
What To Do:
- Line a 10- x 15-inch baking sheet with wax paper.
- In a medium, microwave-safe bowl, microwave dark chocolate for 60 seconds, stir. Continue to microwave in 10 second intervals until chocolate is melted and smooth. Place wafer in chocolate, coating evenly on all sides. Using a fork, remove wafer and shake off any excess chocolate and place on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining cookies. Refrigerate 5 minutes or until chocolate is set.
- Meanwhile, in a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave white chocolate for 30 seconds, stir. Continue to microwave in 10 second intervals until chocolate is melted and smooth. Place in a small resealable plastic bag and snip off one corner. Drizzle white chocolate over chocolate-covered wafers. Refrigerate 5 minutes, or until chocolate is set. Remove from wax paper and enjoy. Store in airtight container.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This comforting dinner was popular in homes and diners across the country during the '50s and '60s. Our Diner-Style Salisbury Steak is beefy, hearty, and smothered in a flavor-packed mushroom gravy. To serve it the classic way, don't forget the green peas on the side!