Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge & More
Ice Cube Chocolates
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr 6 Min
- COOK TIME
- 1 Min
Did you know that you could use your ice cube tray to make homemade candy? That's right! With our recipe for Ice Cube Chocolates, you can make your very own gourmet-style chocolates right at home. These homemade chocolates are especially great for gift-giving or setting out on a tray at your next holiday party.
What You'll Need
- 2 1/2 cups dark or milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Assorted fillings (peanut butter, shredded coconut, nuts, caramels, chocolate-coated candy, mini marshmallows, etc.)
What to Do
- Lightly coat 2 plastic ice cube trays with cooking spray.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and oil. Microwave 60 to 90 seconds or until chips are melted, stirring occasionally. Pour chocolate into ice cube trays, filling each cube about one-third full. Place trays in freezer 2 minutes. Remove trays from freezer and tilt to make sure chocolate coats all sides of each cube.
- Place trays back in freezer 2 minutes or until chocolate has thickened slightly. Tilt again to make sure chocolate coats all sides of cubes with a thicker coat of chocolate. Place trays in freezer 2 more minutes or until set.
- Fill each chocolate shell with about 1 teaspoon of your desired filling. Cover filling with melted chocolate and tap ice cube trays on counter to level chocolate. Pour more melted chocolate on top.
- Place trays in freezer 1 hour or until hardened. Remove trays from freezer and let sit 5 minutes. Unmold chocolates by lightly twisting trays.
To fancy them up a bit, drizzle with white chocolate and decorate each chocolate piece with holiday sugar decorations.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Calories 144
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9g 15 %
- Saturated Fat 6.9g 34 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 1.9g 4 %
- Cholesterol 0.0mg 0 %
- Sodium 9.5mg 0 %
- Total Carbohydrates 17g 6 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.9g 8 %
- Sugars 11g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Take the stress out of dinnertime by preparing our easy Weeknight Pesto Chicken! This simple chicken dinner recipe is made with some pretty basic ingredients, but packs in a whole lot of flavor. The best part is that it looks like something that took hours to make (We won't tell if you don't!).