Rocky Road Fudge
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This is one "rocky road" your taste buds will want to travel on! Our Rocky Road Fudge is the perfect sweet treat for the chocolate lover, the fudge fanatic, and the nutty, marshmallow enthusiast!
What You'll Need
- 4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 (12 ounces) can evaporated milk
- 2 (12 ounces each) packages semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (7 ounces) jar marshmallow creme
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups coarsely chopped salted peanuts
What to Do
- In medium-sized saucepan, combine sugar, butter, and evaporated milk, and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until mixture comes to a full boil, (7 to 10 minutes). Boil, stirring constantly, until a candy thermometer reaches 228 degrees F or a small amount of mixture dropped into ice water forms 2-inch soft thread (5 to 6 minutes).
- Remove from heat; gradually stir in the chocolate chips until melted. Stir in marshmallow creme until well blended. Stir in vanilla. Stir in marshmallows and peanuts, leaving a marbled effect.
- Spread mixture into lightly buttered 9- x 13-inch baking pan. Cover and refrigerate until completely cooled. Cut into 1-inch squares.
- Store, covered, in refrigerator.
- If you like your fudge a little softer, store it at room temperature!
- It's best not to substitute margarine for butter in this recipe.
You Might Also Like:
- Our short video and tips on How to Make Fudge the Shortcut Way, along with some other easy fudge recipes.
- This Mississippi Mud Pie is really good!
- Rocky Road Cookies can me prepped and ready in less than 20 minutes.
Download your free eCookbook, Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old-Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge & More for more recipes like this one.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Lookin' for just the right easy dinner recipe to keep your hubby happy? Then our recipe for Newlyweds' Pot Roast might just do the trick. Pop in a movie and get cozy while the pot roast simmers and get ready for those delicious aromas to start wafting from room to room. There's nothing like a homemade pot roast to show your loved one how much you care.