The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge & More
Rocky Road Fudge
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- 108 pieces
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
This is one "rocky road" your taste buds will want to travel on! Our Rocky Road Fudge is the perfect sweet treat for the chocolate lover, the fudge fanatic, and the nutty, marshmallow enthusiast!
What You'll Need
- 4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 (12 ounces) can evaporated milk
- 2 (12 ounces each) packages semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (7 ounces) jar marshmallow creme
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups coarsely chopped salted peanuts
What to Do
- In medium-sized saucepan, combine sugar, butter, and evaporated milk, and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until mixture comes to a full boil, (7 to 10 minutes). Boil, stirring constantly, until a candy thermometer reaches 228 degrees F or a small amount of mixture dropped into ice water forms 2-inch soft thread (5 to 6 minutes).
- Remove from heat; gradually stir in the chocolate chips until melted. Stir in marshmallow creme until well blended. Stir in vanilla. Stir in marshmallows and peanuts, leaving a marbled effect.
- Spread mixture into lightly buttered 9- x 13-inch baking pan. Cover and refrigerate until completely cooled. Cut into 1-inch squares.
- Store, covered, in refrigerator.
- If you like your fudge a little softer, store it at room temperature!
- It's best not to substitute margarine for butter in this recipe.
You Might Also Like:
- Our short video and tips on How to Make Fudge the Shortcut Way, along with some other easy fudge recipes.
- This Mississippi Mud Pie is really good!
- Rocky Road Cookies can me prepped and ready in less than 20 minutes.
Download your free eCookbook, Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old-Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge & More for more recipes like this one.
Jan 01, 2012
Want to try this soon..Sounds so yummy !!Think i will use pecans instead of peanuts.. thank you and i just love all your recipes........
- WAS THIS HELPFUL? YesNo
- REPORT ABUSE
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Lemon-Caper Fish Fillets
Did you know fish is the ultimate fast food? We're not talking about the stuff you get at a drive thru. These sunny-tasting fish fillets cooks up in just 8 minutes! You read that right. Our Lemon-Capers Fish Fillets combine lemon juice and the tangy flavor of capers to add just the right amount of "wow" to this easy dinner recipe!