We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It seems like someone brings buckeyes to every cookie exchange party. What are buckeye candies? They have a smooth peanut butter filling and are coated with rich semisweet chocolate. This is such an easy chocolate recipe, it's no wonder they're so popular!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 pounds confectioners' sugar
- 1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cake paraffin wax (see Note)
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine peanut butter and butter; mix until smooth. Gradually add confectioners' sugar, stirring until thoroughly mixed. Form mixture into 1-inch balls, place on a waxed paper-lined rimmed baking sheet, and chill for 1 hour.
- In a double boiler over medium heat, or in a saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips and paraffin wax, stirring until smooth. Stick a toothpick in the center of each peanut butter ball and dip each three-quarters of the way into the chocolate mixture, coating all sides except the top quarter. Place on the prepared baking sheet and remove toothpick. Using your finger, fill in the hole left by the toothpick.
- After dipping all the peanut butter balls, cover, and chill, or freeze until ready to serve.
- For even moe recipes that use both peanut butter and chocolate, check out our Peanut Butter Recipes: Top 40 Recipes with Peanut Butter.
- Everyones loves food, so if you like spreading love with "foodie gifts" then check out these easy recipes that will make anyone smile. We even have a whole collection of gifts in a jar!
- Making homemade candy recipes is fun and exciting, and while you're baking you might need to know How to Melt Chocolate.
|Are you a chocolate fan? Then we think you're going to love the chocolate dessert recipes featured in our free eCookbook, Death by Chocolate: Dessert Heaven with 30 of Our Best Chocolate Recipes.|
Want to make even more easy candy like this buckeye recipe? Then you'll love our free eCookbook, Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old-Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge, & More.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you've never heard of toad-in-the-hole, well, let us enlighten you! It's a recipe that is perfect for breakfast, dinner, or even brinner -- that's breakfast for dinner! Our Sheet Pan Toad-in-the-Hole comes together with all the flavors you love, without any of the mess of a traditional big breakfast. Once you try it, you're gonna wonder how you lived without it!