Beef and Guinness Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 2 cups
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr 50 Min
Beef and Guinness Casserole is a classic Irish dish that gets its flavorful kick from traditional Irish beer. The rich sauce and tender beef combines with chunks of garden veggies to make for a hearty one-pot meal.
What You'll Need:
- 3 slices raw bacon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 pounds beef stew meat
- 1 1/2 cups (12 ounces) Guinness beer
- 3 cups beef stock
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 ounces baby carrots
- 4 celery stalks, sliced into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and cut into half-moons
- 1 to 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup water
What To Do:
- In a heavy soup pot or Dutch oven over high heat, cook bacon until crisp. Stir in oil and meat, and continue cooking 8 to 10 minutes, or until meat is browned.
- Stir in beer, beef stock, garlic, salt, and pepper; reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, 30 minutes.
- Add carrots, celery, and onion; stir well, and cook 1 hour, or until meat is tender.
- Mix flour with water then stir into stew. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until sauce is thickened.
For more information about Ireland, visit www.DiscoverIreland.com.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This vegetable side dish is a must-have, especially during the fall season. Our Lentil and Vegetable Medley features a delicious combo of roasted sweet potatoes, sliced Brussels sprouts, hearty lentils, and more. To make it even more flavorful we toss all of these tasty ingredients with some balsamic vinegar. You'll love this!