Cheddar Potato-Crusted Beefy Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We're so excited to share the 1st place winning recipe from our Dinner in a Dash Recipe Contest, sponsored by our friends at EasyHomeMeals.com. When we first looked at, and then tasted, the recipe submitted by Pamela S. from Parkersburg, WV, we knew it was special. As a mom of 7 children, she was used to making meals with what she had on hand and used easy shortcuts whenever possible. When faced with the pandemic, Pamela became extra creative and whipped up this budget-friendly, all-in-one casserole to make a dinner that was so good, we knew it was a winner after just one forkful.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (1-ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen peas and carrots
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 (12-ounce) jar beef gravy
- 3 cups frozen potato tots
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and diced, optional
- 1/2 cup sour cream, optional
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray. In a large, deep skillet over medium heat, cook ground beef until no longer pink, stirring occasionally to crumble; drain liquid. Add onion soup mix, peas and carrots, the corn, and gravy to skillet; mix well. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a microwaveable bowl, heat potato tots 2 to 3 minutes, just until you can crumble with a fork. Stir in cheese and jalapeño, if desired. Spoon beef mixture into baking dish and sprinkle potato mixture evenly over top.
- Bake 25 minutes or until heated in center. Top with sour cream, (if desired) and serve.
Test Kitchen Tip: We love how Pamela crumbles up the potato tots and mixes them with some cheddar to make a topping that is second-to-none. In this case, thinking outside the box really paid off.
To see the other winning recipes, check out Easy Chicken Pot Pie and “Nacho Fries” Topped Cheeseburger.