Tuna Melt Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Want to be top tomato with your gang? Bake up this homestyle Tuna Melt Casserole that's packed with comforting corkscrew macaroni bathed in melty swiss cheese and topped with fresh tomatoes and they'll love it and you!
What You'll Need
- 1 (16-ounce) package corkscrew macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 3 (6-ounce) cans tuna, drained, flaked
- 2 tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook pasta 7 minutes, or until al dente. Drain well and return to pot; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Stir in flour, salt, and pepper and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually stir in milk; increase heat to medium-high and cook until mixture thickens, stirring occasionally. Remove saucepan from heat and add 1-1/2 cups cheese, stirring until melted.
- Add cheese sauce and tuna to pasta in pot; toss until evenly mixed. Transfer mixture to baking dish. Arrange tomato slices on top, overlapping if necessary. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover baking dish with foil and bake 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
Elbow or shell macaroni will work just fine.
- Looking for more of our favorite tuna recipes? Check out our collection of Easy Tuna Recipes: 13 Tuna Salad Recipes, Tuna Casserole Recipes, and More!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 609
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 18g 27 %
- Saturated Fat 10g 52 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 44g 87 %
- Cholesterol 91mg 30 %
- Sodium 763mg 32 %
- Total Carbohydrates 67g 22 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.3g 13 %
- Sugars 9.1g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
In keeping up with Mardi Gras tradition we came up with this recipe for Mardi Gras King Cake that's so good it's guaranteed to keep the party going and going and going. Our king cake recipe features classic cinnamon flavor and a sugary glaze in traditional colors!