We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What do you get when you include layers of chili in your lasagna? You get a combination Mexican-Italian recipe for Chili Lasagna! Our Chili Lasagna is hearty, flavorful, and a real stand-out.
What You'll Need
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 scallions (green onions), thinly sliced, divided
- 1 (8-1/2-ounce) can whole-kernel corn, drained
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (15-ounce) cans no-bean chili
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, 2 cups Cheddar cheese, 2 sliced scallions, the corn, egg, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- Spread 3/4 cup chili over bottom of baking dish. Place 3 lasagna noodles over chili. Place half of ricotta mixture evenly over noodles then top with half of remaining chili. Place 3 noodles over chili then top with remaining cheese mixture. Place remaining noodles over cheese mixture then top with remaining chili. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup Cheddar cheese over top. Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until heated through and bubbly. Remove foil and bake 5 more minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining sliced scallion. Let sit 5 minutes before serving.
- Have some leftover chili you'd like to use for this recipe? Go ahead! It's fun to try different chili's in this recipe for Chili Lasagna.
- For a spicier dish, add some hot pepper sauce and/or chili powder to the canned chili before assembling the lasagna.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Hosting a last-minute dinner party, or just looking for a way to fancy up a quick weeknight dinner? Well then, our Really Easy Pork Scaloppine is just the ticket. This dish looks fancy schmancy, but it only takes 10 minutes to make!