We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Classic dishes never go out of style, and this easy recipe for Hungarian goulash will be one of your favorites. Watch them clean their plates once you set this classic goulash on the table. Goulash is one of those old-world dishes that never fails to please, and now you can learn how to make old fashioned goulash in just a few simple steps. With savory seasonings and hearty stick-to-your-ribs appeal, this Classic Goulash is a perfect meal to satisfy a hungry gang!
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 medium-sized green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 (28-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (8-ounce) package elbow macaroni, cooked according to package directions
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
What to Do
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add ground beef, bell pepper, onion, and mushrooms, and cook 6 to 8 minutes, stirring to crumble the beef, until no pink remains; drain excess liquid.
Add remaining ingredients except cheese; mix well. Place in a 2-1/2-quart casserole dish, cover, and bake 22 to 25 minutes.
Remove casserole from oven, uncover, and top with mozzarella cheese. Bake uncovered for 5 to 7 minutes, or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Classic Goulash made our reader favorites list for 2010! Check out all the top 20 recipes of 2010.
- If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out our collection pages: Easy Pasta Bake Recipes and Easy Goulash Recipes (we've got some great goulash recipes on there!).
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 817
- Calories from Fat 349
- Total Fat 39g 60 %
- Saturated Fat 15g 77 %
- Trans Fat 1.6g 0 %
- Protein 50g 99 %
- Cholesterol 141mg 47 %
- Sodium 1,990mg 83 %
- Total Carbohydrates 65g 22 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.1g 12 %
- Sugars 13g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When you're craving something fresh-tasting and satisfying, fill your plate up with our Italian Spring Fling Pasta. This angel hair pasta dish features some great springtime flavors. One whiff of this is all it'll take to get your family to the dinner table.