Better Baked Ziti
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What makes this a Better Baked Ziti than your everyday easy pasta recipe? We think it has something to do with the three different cheeses that make this baked ziti recipe so ooey-gooey good, but we'll let you decide. One thing is for sure, this easy baked ziti recipe is going to be a hit come dinnertime!
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound ziti
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (28-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish or 3-quart casserole with cooking spray.
In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook ziti until just barely tender; drain and place in a large bowl.
Add ricotta cheese, 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, garlic, salt, and parsley to the ziti; mix well. Spread half the spaghetti sauce over bottom of prepared baking dish. Spoon ziti mixture into baking dish; cover with remaining spaghetti sauce, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 25 minutes, then top with remaining mozzarella cheese and bake 10 additional minutes, or until heated through.
- Use your favorite type of flavored spaghetti sauce to add additional flavor to this ziti. And don't worry if you don't have ziti on hand -- just substitute any other equal-sized pasta shape.
- You can make baked ziti just about anywhere with our recipes for Skillet Ziti and Slow Cooker Baked Ziti.
- Add our cool and crunchy Chop Chop Salad, and your meal is complete!
- Did you know that this is a vegetarian recipe? For even more meatless favorites, check out our entire collection of 75+ Easy Vegetarian Recipes!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 710
- Calories from Fat 261
- Total Fat 29g 45 %
- Saturated Fat 16g 81 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 35g 70 %
- Cholesterol 94mg 31 %
- Sodium 1,125mg 47 %
- Total Carbohydrates 73g 24 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.9g 20 %
- Sugars 9.9g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Talk about taking comfort food to a whole new level. This recipe combines two tried-and-true favorites: chili and macaroni and cheese. The result is one beefy, cheesy, casserole that's good till the very last bite. Oh, and did we mention it's got a crispy topping?