Better Baked Ziti
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What makes this a Better Baked Ziti than your everyday easy pasta recipe? We think it has something to do with the three different cheeses that make this baked ziti recipe so ooey-gooey good, but we'll let you decide. One thing is for sure, this easy baked ziti recipe is going to be a hit come dinnertime!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound ziti
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (28-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
What to Do
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish or 3-quart casserole with cooking spray.
In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook ziti until just barely tender; drain and place in a large bowl.
Add ricotta cheese, 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, garlic, salt, and parsley to the ziti; mix well. Spread half the spaghetti sauce over bottom of prepared baking dish. Spoon ziti mixture into baking dish; cover with remaining spaghetti sauce, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 25 minutes, then top with remaining mozzarella cheese and bake 10 additional minutes, or until heated through.
- Use your favorite type of flavored spaghetti sauce to add additional flavor to this ziti. And don't worry if you don't have ziti on hand -- just substitute any other equal-sized pasta shape.
- You can make baked ziti just about anywhere with our recipes for Skillet Ziti and Slow Cooker Baked Ziti.
- Add our cool and crunchy Chop Chop Salad, and your meal is complete!
- Did you know that this is a vegetarian recipe? For even more meatless favorites, check out our entire collection of 75+ Easy Vegetarian Recipes!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 688
- Calories from Fat 253
- Total Fat 28g 43 %
- Saturated Fat 16g 82 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 35g 69 %
- Cholesterol 94mg 31 %
- Sodium 1,397mg 58 %
- Total Carbohydrates 72g 24 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.8g 11 %
- Sugars 9.8g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Potato pancakes are a symbolic and scrumptious treat commonly made for Hanukkah. Not only are they super crispy and really tasty, but thanks to the pre-shredded potatoes you can find at your favorite supermarket, these Simple Shredded Potato Pancakes are, well, simple to make!