Better Baked Ziti
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What makes this a Better Baked Ziti than your everyday easy pasta recipe? We think it has something to do with the three different cheeses that make this baked ziti recipe so ooey-gooey good, but we'll let you decide. One thing is for sure, this easy baked ziti recipe is going to be a hit come dinnertime!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound ziti
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (28-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
What to Do
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish or 3-quart casserole with cooking spray.
In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook ziti until just barely tender; drain and place in a large bowl.
Add ricotta cheese, 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, garlic, salt, and parsley to the ziti; mix well. Spread half the spaghetti sauce over bottom of prepared baking dish. Spoon ziti mixture into baking dish; cover with remaining spaghetti sauce, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 25 minutes, then top with remaining mozzarella cheese and bake 10 additional minutes, or until heated through.
- Use your favorite type of flavored spaghetti sauce to add additional flavor to this ziti. And don't worry if you don't have ziti on hand -- just substitute any other equal-sized pasta shape.
- You can make baked ziti just about anywhere with our recipes for Skillet Ziti and Slow Cooker Baked Ziti.
- Add our cool and crunchy Chop Chop Salad, and your meal is complete!
- Did you know that this is a vegetarian recipe? For even more meatless favorites, check out our entire collection of 75+ Easy Vegetarian Recipes!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 688
- Calories from Fat 253
- Total Fat 28g 43 %
- Saturated Fat 16g 82 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 35g 69 %
- Cholesterol 94mg 31 %
- Sodium 1,397mg 58 %
- Total Carbohydrates 72g 24 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.8g 11 %
- Sugars 9.8g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This ain't your grandma's old-fashioned spaghetti. While grandma's traditional pasta is always delicious, sometimes we want to try something new. Our California Dreaming Pasta Toss is one of the best pasta recipes you've never heard about. The butter, walnuts, and spinach give it a fresh flavor that will leave you feeling satisfied. Trust us, once you try it, you'll be dreaming about making it again and again.