Crunchy Macaroni and Cheese
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
For kids and adults who are big macaroni and cheese lovers, our baked dish of Crunchy Macaroni and Cheese is pure heaven. With the addition of the crackers on top, it becomes a crunchy, creamy delight!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (16-ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, melted, divided
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 24 saltine crackers, coarsely crushed
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 1.5-quart or 9- x 13-inch baking dish (see Notes) with cooking spray; set aside.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain, rinse, and drain again.
- In a large bowl, combine macaroni, 1/2 cup butter, the cheese, eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Spoon into prepared baking dish.
- Lay crackers in a single layer over top of casserole and drizzle with remaining 1/4 cup melted butter.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until heated through and top is golden.
- This also makes a great main dish that can serve 4 to 6 people. If you prefer, you an use 6 individual baking dishes. If you love the dish we've used in the photo, then check out our entire collection of bakeware and serveware and order your own!
- You may want to use unsalted crackers if you're cutting down on your salt intake.
- If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out Easy Pasta Bake Recipes: 24 Ultimate Pasta Casseroles.
- Want even more macaroni recipes? Check out our collection of 22 Best Mac and Cheese Recipes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Tired of serving chicken breasts the same ol' way every time? If so, then you'll love this recipe for Cheesy Baked Chicken. These chicken breasts have a cracker crumb coating made from crushed cheese crackers and sesame seeds, so you can expect lots of crunch and flavor in every bite. Plus, this one is done in just about 30 minutes, which makes it great for busy weeknights!