Iowa Corn Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Take your taste buds on a journey to the freshness of an Iowa cornfield with our hearty Iowa Corn Casserole. This creamy, rich go-along is as welcome any weeknight, as it is for company.
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 pound bacon, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (15-ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (15-ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons plain bread crumbs
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 1-1/2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove and set aside. Reserve 1 tablespoon bacon drippings and set aside.
- Over medium heat, saute pepper and onion in skillet until tender, about 5 minutes. Place in a large bowl, then combine with whole kernel and cream-style corns, sugar, eggs, cornstarch, bacon, and 2 tablespoons bread crumbs. Pour into prepared casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining bread crumbs and reserved bacon drippings; mix well. Sprinkle over casserole and bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until golden and set.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 350
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20g 31 %
- Saturated Fat 6.4g 32 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 10g 21 %
- Cholesterol 88mg 29 %
- Sodium 716mg 30 %
- Total Carbohydrates 36g 12 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.7g 11 %
- Sugars 7.5g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've got what we think is the Best Broccoli Salad, and we're betting you'll agree! This garden-fresh broccoli salad is tossed in a creamy homemade dressing and livened up with a few surprises, so it's sure to be one of your favorite easy broccoli recipes for potluck parties! But nothing says you have to take this recipe to a party. This easy broccoli salad is perfect for summer lunches or as a fresh dinner dish. It has just the right amount of creamy flavor to make this broccoli salad a recipe you'll want to make again and again.