Little Italy Eggplant Rollatini
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You're going to love this comforting Italian dinner! Little Italy Eggplant Rollatini is our version of a restaurant favorite. It's basically an eggplant roll-up that's filled with lots of creamy cheese and covered in spaghetti sauce. Once your family gets a taste, they're going to ask for it again and again!
What You'll Need:
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups Italian-style bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 eggplant, peeled and cut lengthwise into 1/8-inch thick slices (about 16 slices total)
- 1 (26-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 (32-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place eggs in a shallow dish; beat well. Place bread crumbs in another shallow dish.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons oil. Dip eggplant slices in egg then coat completely with bread crumbs. Place coated eggplant slices in skillet a few at a time and cook 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden, adding more oil as needed. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter.
- Pour 1 cup spaghetti sauce over the bottom of a 9- x 13-inch baking dish. In a large bowl, combine ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, the Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- Place eggplant on a work surface and spread 1/4 cup ricotta cheese mixture over the top of each. Sprinkle evenly with basil. Roll up jelly roll fashion and place seam-side down in baking dish. Pour remaining spaghetti sauce over eggplant rolls and top with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Top with grated Parmesan cheese before serving, if desired.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Calories 1,032
- Calories from Fat 593
- Total Fat 66g 101 %
- Saturated Fat 28g 141 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 48g 96 %
- Cholesterol 287mg 96 %
- Sodium 2,425mg 101 %
- Total Carbohydrates 64g 21 %
- Dietary Fiber 8.8g 35 %
- Sugars 15g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our recipe for a one-pot Classic Chicken Fricassee will make you feel good through and through. It's made to taste just like the kind you grew up eating, featuring yummy veggies like celery, onion, carrots, and mushrooms. We love it over curly noodles!