Layered Spaghetti Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We sure don't mind leftovers of this creamy spaghetti; it's just as good or better the next day. The only problem is that our Layered Spaghetti Casserole is so lip-smacking good, you might not have any left!
What You'll Need
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (26-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
What to Do
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook beef and onion, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. In a large bowl, combine pasta, meat mixture, and sauce; toss to combine. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in flour; cook 1 minute. Gradually whisk in evaporated milk; cook 5 minutes, or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Pour half the spaghetti mixture into baking dish; pour Parmesan cheese sauce over spaghetti. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheddar cheese. Top with remaining spaghetti mixture, and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheddar cheese.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until heated through.
- If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out our free eBook, Ground Beef Recipes: 25 Quick & Easy Recipes for Ground Beef!
If you enjoyed this spaghetti dinner recipe, be sure to try Spaghetti Pie: Our Best Baked Spaghetti Pie Recipe.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 793
- Calories from Fat 432
- Total Fat 48g 74 %
- Saturated Fat 27g 134 %
- Trans Fat 1.3g 0 %
- Protein 38g 76 %
- Cholesterol 157mg 52 %
- Sodium 1,438mg 60 %
- Total Carbohydrates 51g 17 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.6g 6 %
- Sugars 14g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Lookin' for just the right easy dinner recipe to keep your hubby happy? Then our recipe for Newlyweds' Pot Roast might just do the trick. Pop in a movie and get cozy while the pot roast simmers and get ready for those delicious aromas to start wafting from room to room. There's nothing like a homemade pot roast to show your loved one how much you care.