Chicken-Fried Steak Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You don't have to be a Southerner to enjoy this down-home favorite. Your family will love our Chicken-Fried Steak Casserole, y'all! It's an all-in-one comforting dinner favorite.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds beef cubed steak
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (24-ounce) package refrigerated mashed potatoes
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt, and pepper. Coat steak in mixture and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine egg and milk; mix well. Place bread crumbs in a shallow dish.
- Dip coated steak into egg mixture, coating completely, then into bread crumbs; set aside. Discard any remaining coating mixture.
- In a large deep skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot, but not smoking. Add steak and cook 6 to 8 minutes, or until juices run clear and coating is golden brown, turning occasionally.
- Place steak in single layer in prepared baking dish. Combine potatoes and scallions and spread over steak. Sprinkle cheese over top.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until potatoes are warmed through and cheese is melted.
- If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out our collection of 30 Fried and Oven-Fried Favorites!
- Get even more of your favorite casserole recipes with our collection of Best Dinner Recipes: The Best Casserole Recipes of 2012.