Chicken-Fried Steak Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You don't have to be a Southerner to enjoy this down-home favorite. Your family will love our Chicken-Fried Steak Casserole, y'all! It's an all-in-one comforting dinner favorite.
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds beef cubed steak
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (24-ounce) package refrigerated mashed potatoes
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt, and pepper. Coat steak in mixture and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine egg and milk; mix well. Place bread crumbs in a shallow dish.
- Dip coated steak into egg mixture, coating completely, then into bread crumbs; set aside. Discard any remaining coating mixture.
- In a large deep skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot, but not smoking. Add steak and cook 6 to 8 minutes, or until juices run clear and coating is golden brown, turning occasionally.
- Place steak in single layer in prepared baking dish. Combine potatoes and scallions and spread over steak. Sprinkle cheese over top.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until potatoes are warmed through and cheese is melted.
- If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out our collection of 30 Fried and Oven-Fried Favorites!
- Get even more of your favorite casserole recipes with our collection of Best Dinner Recipes: The Best Casserole Recipes of 2012.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Fire up the grill! This is one of our juiciest grilled pork chop recipes ever. What makes these Honey Mustard Grilled Pork Chops so good is the sweet 'n' tangy glaze that caramelizes as it cooks. You'll be smackin' your lips with each bite!