We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Who says cobbler has to be sweet? Not Mr. Food! Try Steak Cobbler for a tasty change of pace!
What You'll Need
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds beef top or bottom round, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium-sized onions, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon browning and seasoning sauce
- 1 (12-ounce) package refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (10-12 biscuits)
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F. Coat a 9" x 13" baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, 1 teaspoon salt, and the black pepper; mix well. Add beef chunks and toss until well coated.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Add beef chunks, reserving flour mixture. Saute 3 to 4 minutes, or until beef is slightly browned.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to skillet; when hot, add onions and mushrooms, and saute 4 to 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Add remaining ingredients except biscuits; cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until heated through. Stir in reserved flour mixture and cook 1 to 2 more minutes, or until slightly thickened. Pour beef mixture into baking dish. Place biscuits over meat mixture.
- Bake 16 to 18 minutes, or until biscuits are golden.