Santa's Favorite Cheesecake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 8 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 40 Min
We all know Santa loves his cookies, but did you know that he's also a big fan of peppermint? That's why we came up with this recipe for Santa's Favorite Cheesecake! It's a cheesecake that'll have have everyone saying, "Ho, Ho, Ho!"
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed chocolate graham crackers
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract, divided
- 5 drops red food color
- 5 drops green food color
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, 1 tablespoon sugar, and butter; mix well. Press into bottom of a 9-inch springform pan to form a crust; set aside.
- In a large bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, beat cream cheese and remaining 1 cup sugar until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla extract; mix well.
- Reserve 1/2 cup batter and pour remaining batter over prepared crust.
- Divide 1/2 cup batter into 2 small bowls and add 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract to each bowl. Add red food color to one bowl and green food color to other bowl; mix each one well.
- Spoon each colored batter onto white batter in dollops. Using a knife, swirl batters together to create a marbled effect.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until almost set in center. Allow to cool completely then cover and chill for at least 8 hours or overnight.
Complete the holiday theme by garnishing each slice of cheesecake with a blizzard of whipped cream and a miniature candy cane.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're tired of serving the same ol' side dishes every fall, then you've got to give our Butternut Squash Fritters a try. Fried until golden and crispy, there's no way anyone can resist having one...or two. And they're even better if you drizzle a little syrup over them!