Baked Rosemary Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"Parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme," goes the song. Well, there's no thyme in this chicken dish, but they'll be singing about it anyhow.
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (5-to 6-pound) chicken
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
What to Do
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium-sized bowl, combine parsley, rosemary, sage, salt, and pepper. Using your hand, gently separate skin from chicken and rub seasoning mixture under skin, inside cavity and on outside.
Place chicken in an ungreased roasting pan and rub with vegetable oil, then sprinkle with paprika. Cover with aluminum foil and bake 2 hours.
- Remove aluminum foil and bake an additional 25 to 30 minutes, or until no pink remains and juices run clear.
- For crispier chicken, bake it on a roasting rack in the roasting pan.
- Can substitute tarragon or thyme instead of rosemary.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This is the perfect potato casserole for any occasion. It's just as good with your weeknight dinner as it is served for a company-fancy meal. Our Anytime Potatoes are creamy, dreamy, and easy to throw-together. And the crispy topping makes them extra-special!