Creamy Vegetable Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Have extra veggies you don't know what to do with? Use 'em to make this quick and rich, Creamy Vegetable Soup. This homemade veggie soup will only take you 20 minutes to make and is a great way to use up leftover veggies!
What You'll Need:
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups diced potatoes
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup diced onions or scallions
- 1 parsnip, diced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
What To Do:
- In a large pot, combine all ingredients except heavy cream and parsley, and cook until vegetables are tender.
- Pure batches in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Return mixture to the pot and stir in the heavy cream.
- Heat until piping hot, and serve sprinkled with the parsley.
Instead of chicken stock you can use 3-1/2 cups water and a packet of instant soup mix such as chicken, mushroom, leek, or vegetable. Sometimes I like to use 2 cups diced potatoes and 2 cups diced turnips instead of all potatoes. For a flavor change, add a pinch of nutmeg or dried tarragon, rosemary, or thyme with the parsley garnish.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 214
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 14g 21 %
- Saturated Fat 8.1g 41 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 2.9g 6 %
- Cholesterol 46mg 15 %
- Sodium 781mg 33 %
- Total Carbohydrates 22g 7 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.5g 14 %
- Sugars 3.9g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.