Buttermilk Pecan Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You won't be slaving in the kitchen all day making this Buttermilk Pecan Chicken. You'll enjoy it while you enjoy your company as well.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup ground pecans (see note)
- 3/4 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs (store-bought)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans (see note)
What to Do
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine buttermilk and egg in a shallow dish.
Combine ground pecans and next 4 ingredients in another shallow dish.
Place flour in a third shallow dish; dredge chicken in flour. Dip in buttermilk mixture; drain. Dredge chicken in pecan mixture.
Place chicken on a rimmed baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Drizzle chicken with melted butter; sprinkle with chopped pecans. Bake, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until done.
- Let your food processor be your new best friend for such jobs as grinding a cup of pecans. It'll also do a good job at coarsely chopping them.
Looking for more recipes with buttermilk? Our Best Buttermilk Recipes: 12 Recipes with Buttermilk can help you!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.