Chicken "Schnitzel" with Mushroom Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When you tell them what's for dinner, your family will probably ask you, "What's a schnitzel chicken?" Instead of answering, just have them taste! This easy chicken recipe is perfect for bringing a little German flavor to the table, in a whole new way!
What You'll Need
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1 to 1-1/4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
What to Do
- Between 2 pieces of wax paper, gently pound the chicken to 1/4-inch thickness with a mallet or rolling pin; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter; sauté mushrooms 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Add soup, milk, wine, onion powder, and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and cover to keep warm.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil until hot.
- Whisk eggs in a shallow dish and place bread crumbs in another shallow dish. Coat chicken in egg, then in bread crumbs.
- Saute chicken in batches 4 to 5 minutes per side or until golden brown and no pink remains in center. Place on serving dish and serve immediately topped with mushroom sauce.
Check This Out!
- If you're looking for a more traditional schnitzel recipe, try our recipe for Pork Schnitzel.
- For more international options, try our Traditional German Recipes You Can't Miss, or our collection of Traditional Polish Food You'll Love.
- Plus, when you need the perfect German dessert, give our Apple Strudel or our Cherry Kuchen Bars a try!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 382
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17g 26 %
- Saturated Fat 6.4g 32 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 34g 67 %
- Cholesterol 185mg 62 %
- Sodium 1,037mg 43 %
- Total Carbohydrates 22g 7 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.0g 4 %
- Sugars 3.9g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You may be serving pasta as the main dish, but when you serve our recipe for Crispy Sesame Artichokes on the side, you're going to have yourself a main attraction. These tender-cooked artichoke hearts are crispy-coated and full of flavor. Plus, they taste even better when dipped into our creamy lemon sauce!