Chicken "Schnitzel" with Mushroom Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When you tell them what's for dinner, your family will probably ask you, "What's a schnitzel chicken?" Instead of answering, just have them taste!
What You'll Need:
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breast halves (1 to 1-1/4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes (optional)
- Olive oil for frying
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
What To Do:
- Between 2 pieces of waxed paper, gently pound the chicken to 1/4-inch thickness with a mallet or rolling pin; set aside.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, over medium-high heat, melt the butter and sauté the mushrooms for 2 to 3 minutes, until lightly browned. Add the soup, milk, wine, onion powder, pepper, and parsley and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes. Cover and keep warm over very low heat.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Place the eggs in a shallow dish and the bread crumbs in another shallow dish.
- Dip the flattened chicken in the egg, then in the bread crumbs and fry the chicken, 2 pieces at a time, for 4 to 5 minutes per side, until golden brown on both sides and no pink remains.
- Remove the chicken and drain on paper towels.
- Place on a serving dish and serve immediately, topped with the warm sauce.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 423
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 18g 27 %
- Saturated Fat 6.8g 34 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 35g 70 %
- Cholesterol 185mg 62 %
- Sodium 1,414mg 59 %
- Total Carbohydrates 29g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.2g 9 %
- Sugars 4.4g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Say hello to sunshine, good-times, and Southern Peach Cobbler! Just imagine warm, gooey cinnamon peaches, a crusty crust, and a big scoop of vanilla ice cream and that's summertime in the South. But you know what? You don't have to be below the Mason-Dixon Line to enjoy this one!