California Fiesta Chicken and Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This easy one-skillet recipe has a little flare and a lot of flavor. Enjoy simmerin' Tex-Mex spices, juicy chicken and plump rice in less than 15 minutes with our recipe for California Fiesta Chicken & Rice.
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 pounds chicken breasts, skinned, boned, and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 (14-1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (17 ounce) can whole-kernel corn, drained
- 1 (about 1.25 ounce) package chili seasoning mix
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 cups instant rice, uncooked
What to Do
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; add chicken and brown 3 to 5 minutes or until light golden. Add broth, tomato sauce, corn, chili seasoning, and green chilies. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally; reduce heat, cover, and simmer 5 minutes.
Stir in rice and remove from heat. Cover and let stand about 7 minutes, or until rice is done.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Ready to change up your sides? Our Vegetable Couscous recipe is a Moroccan-favorite and it's so versatile, it'll never get old! Not only can you switch it up with your favorite veggies, but you can eat it hot, or cold! Now that's definitely a side dish to put on the menu!