California Fiesta Chicken and Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This easy one-skillet recipe has a little flare and a lot of flavor. Enjoy simmerin' Tex-Mex spices, juicy chicken and plump rice in less than 15 minutes with our recipe for California Fiesta Chicken & Rice.
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 pounds chicken breasts, skinned, boned, and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 (14-1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (17 ounce) can whole-kernel corn, drained
- 1 (about 1.25 ounce) package chili seasoning mix
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 cups instant rice, uncooked
What to Do
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; add chicken and brown 3 to 5 minutes or until light golden. Add broth, tomato sauce, corn, chili seasoning, and green chilies. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally; reduce heat, cover, and simmer 5 minutes.
Stir in rice and remove from heat. Cover and let stand about 7 minutes, or until rice is done.