California Fiesta Chicken and Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This easy one-skillet recipe has a little flare and a lot of flavor. Enjoy simmerin' Tex-Mex spices, juicy chicken and plump rice in less than 15 minutes with our recipe for California Fiesta Chicken & Rice.
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 pounds chicken breasts, skinned, boned, and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 (14-1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (17 ounce) can whole-kernel corn, drained
- 1 (about 1.25 ounce) package chili seasoning mix
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 cups instant rice, uncooked
What to Do
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; add chicken and brown 3 to 5 minutes or until light golden. Add broth, tomato sauce, corn, chili seasoning, and green chilies. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally; reduce heat, cover, and simmer 5 minutes.
Stir in rice and remove from heat. Cover and let stand about 7 minutes, or until rice is done.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Enjoy a healthier-for-you breakfast with our recipe for Loaded Egg Clouds (also known as "cloud eggs"). The "cloud" in the name refers to the fluffy egg whites that surround the yolk. Our recipe also features tasty sausage crumbles, scallions, and pimentos. Serve these egg clouds alongside some toast and fresh fruit and you've got yourself a champion-style breakfast or brunch!