Chicken Cordon Bleu
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You certainly don't need a diploma from the Cordon Bleu cooking school in France to make this melt-in-your-mouth chicken classic. All you need is about 45 minutes and a hungry gang.
What You'll Need
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Italian-flavored bread crumbs
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 to 1-1/4 pounds total), pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 square slices (4 ounces) Swiss cheese
- 4 slices (1/4 pound) deli ham
- Cooking spray
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 7" x 11" baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a shallow dish, beat the egg. Place bread crumbs in another shallow dish.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Place one cheese slice and one ham slice over the top of each chicken breast. Roll up and secure each breast with a toothpick; dip in beaten egg then in bread crumbs, coating completely.
- Place rolled chicken in prepared baking dish then coat with cooking spray. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until no pink remains in chicken and coating is golden. Remove toothpicks and serve.