All-American Oven-"Fried" Drumsticks
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Years ago the only fried chicken was Southern-fried, and there's no doubt that it's delicious, but oven-"fried" has its merits, too. With our All-American Oven-"Fried" Drumsticks, you'll get the best of everything. Crispy on the outside and juicy on the insides, this is a chicken drumstick recipe you don't wanna miss!
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 3 tablespoons butter
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Place flour in a shallow dish. In a second shallow dish, beat eggs with milk, just until mixed. In a plastic bag, mix together bread crumbs and seasonings.
Dredge chicken in flour, one or two pieces at a time, coating evenly. Dip floured chicken pieces into egg mixture, then place in bread crumb mixture; close bag and shake to coat well.
Place butter in a large baking dish and melt in oven. Arrange chicken in a single layer over melted butter, turning to coat both sides.
Bake 25 minutes; turn chicken and bake an additional 25 minutes, or until golden brown and no pink remains.
- Oven-fried recipes give you the feeling of deep-fried food, without all the guilt. Be sure to check out our recipes for Baked Crispy Chicken and Crispy Oven Fried Chicken.
- Don't forget to pair these with a side of mashed potatoes!
- Want to check out some of our other fried chicken recipes? We've got all the oven-fried and traditional fried chicken recipes you need in our collection of Southern Fried Chicken Recipes: 10 Easy Fried Chicken Recipes.
- Are you a fan of dark meat chicken? Then don't miss these easy meals made with chicken thighs.
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out our free eCookbook, Piece-by-Piece: 20 Easy Chicken Recipes for Drumsticks, Thighs & More.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Big flavor, little time. Now that's a combination we will always love. This Mongolian Beef recipe is a take-out classic. Grab your chopsticks (or your forks, if you prefer) and chow down on this tasty, homemade dish with your family. We love serving this one with a scoop of rice or noodles for an authentically tasty meal.