All-American Oven-"Fried" Drumsticks
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Years ago the only fried chicken was Southern-fried, and there's no doubt that it's delicious, but in terms of fried chicken recipes , oven-"fried" has its merits, too. With our All-American Oven-"Fried" Drumsticks, you'll get the best of everything. Crispy chicken on the outside and juicy on the insides! Chicken drumsticks have never been better and we're sure this is an oven-fried chicken drumstick recipe you don't wanna miss!
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 3 tablespoons butter
What to Do
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Place flour in a shallow dish. In a second shallow dish, beat eggs with milk, just until mixed. In a plastic bag, mix together bread crumbs and seasonings.
Dredge chicken in flour, one or two pieces at a time, coating evenly. Dip floured chicken pieces into egg mixture, then place in bread crumb mixture; close bag and shake to coat well.
Place butter in a large baking dish and melt in oven. Arrange chicken in a single layer over melted butter, turning to coat both sides.
Bake 25 minutes; turn chicken and bake an additional 25 minutes, or until golden brown and no pink remains.
- Oven-fried recipes give you the feeling of deep-fried food, without all the guilt. Be sure to check out our recipes for Baked Crispy Chicken and Crispy Oven Fried Chicken.
- Don't forget to pair these oven-fried chicken drumsticks with a side of mashed potatoes!
- Want to check out some of our other fried chicken recipes? We've got all the traditional and oven-fried chicken recipes you need in our collection of Southern Fried Chicken Recipes: 10 Easy Fried Chicken Recipes.
- Are you a fan of dark meat chicken? Then don't miss these easy meals made with chicken thighs.
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out our free eCookbook, Piece-by-Piece: 20 Easy Chicken Recipes for Drumsticks, Thighs & More.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 529
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22g 35 %
- Saturated Fat 9.2g 46 %
- Trans Fat 0.4g 0 %
- Protein 52g 103 %
- Cholesterol 324mg 108 %
- Sodium 825mg 34 %
- Total Carbohydrates 27g 9 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.6g 7 %
- Sugars 2.6g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Hosting a last-minute dinner party, or just looking for a way to fancy up a quick weeknight dinner? Well then, our Really Easy Pork Scaloppine is just the ticket. This dish looks fancy schmancy, but it only takes 10 minutes to make!