Chicken and Couscous
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
How 'bout giving a today twist to Middle Eastern couscous tossed with chicken and vegetables? Chicken and Couscous brings together a bunch of cultures around your table.
What You'll Need
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breast halves (1 to 1 ½ pounds), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium-sized red bell pepper, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) package couscous
What to Do
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and cook garlic 1 minute. Add chicken, red pepper, and onion. Saute 8 to 10 minutes, or until chicken is lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Add chicken broth, water, parsley, cumin, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil and stir in couscous.
Cover and remove from heat. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes, or until water is absorbed. Serve immediately.
If you have any of this left over, simply reheat it in the microwave or in a skillet with a little more water or chicken broth.