Classic Chicken Parmigiana
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Classic Chicken Parmigiana is an easy version of an all-time Italian favorite. It's perfect for dinner, served up with some pasta and sauce, and it's great filling crusty Italian bread for an unbeatable sandwich, too.
What You'll Need
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Italian-flavored bread crumbs
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 to 2 pounds total), pounded to ¼-inch thickness
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce, warmed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a shallow dish, beat together eggs, salt, and pepper. Place bread crumbs in another shallow dish. Dip each chicken breast into egg mixture then into bread crumbs, coating completely; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Brown chicken breasts two at a time 2 to 3 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels.
- Place browned chicken on prepared baking sheet and spread spaghetti sauce evenly over each piece of chicken. Sprinkle with cheese and bake 3 to 5 minutes, or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Add fresh Italian bread, a salad, and some spaghetti marinara and you'll have yourself a perfect Italian dinner.
- For easy Italian recipes you will make again and again, we've compiled this collection of 35 No-Fail Italian Favorites, Plus 7 Classic Sauces you can make at home!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 575
- Calories from Fat 306
- Total Fat 34g 52 %
- Saturated Fat 9.7g 48 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 40g 80 %
- Cholesterol 171mg 57 %
- Sodium 1,206mg 50 %
- Total Carbohydrates 26g 9 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.0g 4 %
- Sugars 5.1g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This classic dessert is so special, it's worthy of being on a White House menu. Come to think of it...it was! This is one of the desserts that was served when former President Kennedy and his family hosted a luncheon for Princess Grace Kelly. The good news is, you don't have to be royalty to enjoy our White House Strawberries Romanoff!