Classic Chicken Parmigiana
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Classic Chicken Parmigiana is an easy version of an all-time Italian favorite. It's perfect for dinner, served up with some pasta and sauce, and it's great filling crusty Italian bread for an unbeatable sandwich, too.
What You'll Need
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Italian-flavored bread crumbs
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 to 2 pounds total), pounded to ¼-inch thickness
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce, warmed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a shallow dish, beat together eggs, salt, and pepper. Place bread crumbs in another shallow dish. Dip each chicken breast into egg mixture then into bread crumbs, coating completely; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Brown chicken breasts two at a time 2 to 3 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels.
- Place browned chicken on prepared baking sheet and spread spaghetti sauce evenly over each piece of chicken. Sprinkle with cheese and bake 3 to 5 minutes, or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Add fresh Italian bread, a salad, and some spaghetti marinara and you'll have yourself a perfect Italian dinner.
- For easy Italian recipes you will make again and again, we've compiled this collection of 35 No-Fail Italian Favorites, Plus 7 Classic Sauces you can make at home!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 575
- Calories from Fat 306
- Total Fat 34g 52 %
- Saturated Fat 9.7g 48 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 40g 80 %
- Cholesterol 171mg 57 %
- Sodium 1,206mg 50 %
- Total Carbohydrates 26g 9 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.0g 4 %
- Sugars 5.1g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We're taking you back to your cafeteria eatin' days with our recipe for Sloppy Joe Biscuit Bake. This easy casserole has so much old-fashioned taste, you're gonna be using the biscuits to soak up every last meaty and flavorful bite. Yum!