Column A Chicken Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Most Chinese restaurants have menus set up where you choose from meals in different columns. There's usually one column that has all my favorite choices...and this Chinese-flavored salad sure is number one with me!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups water
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
- 4 cups shredded iceberg lettuce (½ of a small head)
- 4 cups shredded red cabbage (½ of a small head)
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions (about 3 scallions)
- 1/4 pound snow peas, ends trimmed and halved
- 1 medium-sized red bell pepper, cut into julienne strips
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a medium-sized saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Add the chicken and reduce the heat to medium. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the water, pat dry with a paper towel, and allow to cool. Slice the cooled chicken crosswise into 1/4-inch strips and place in a large salad bowl. Toss in the lettuce, cabbage, scallions, snow peas, and red pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients: the vegetable oil, sesame oil, soy sauce, cider vinegar, garlic power, and black pepper, until well mixed. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss immediately before serving.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Enjoy a healthier-for-you breakfast with our recipe for Loaded Egg Clouds (also known as "cloud eggs"). The "cloud" in the name refers to the fluffy egg whites that surround the yolk. Our recipe also features tasty sausage crumbles, scallions, and pimentos. Serve these egg clouds alongside some toast and fresh fruit and you've got yourself a champion-style breakfast or brunch!