We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Chicken Stroganoff is a take-off on traditional stroganoff, which is typically made with beef. Our version is sure to be a welcome addition to your mealtime routine. Besides being quick and easy, the comfort factor is over the top.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
- 1 (4-ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup cooking sherry or dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 cup sour cream
What to Do
- In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat; add mushrooms, sherry, thyme, and seasoned salt, and cook 2 to 3 minutes, until thoroughly warmed.
- Add chicken and bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
- Serve this over 1 pound of cooked egg noodles.
- If you love comfort food recipes like this healthy chicken stroganoff, then check out this recipe for Southern Cooking Recipes!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our festive Sugar 'n' Spice Nuts are the perfect combo of salty and sweet for the holidays. Made with a variety of your favorite nuts, the sweetness of dried cranberries, and just enough cayenne to give it a good kick, this recipe is sure to disappear by the handful! And, not only is it a great snack when family visits during Christmas, but it's also the perfect goodie to send in the mail, for those who can't be with you this season.